About Me

Lovely Little Things

Product of the Week

What I'm Reading

What I'm Reading

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Heather has read 3 books toward her goal of 15 books.
hide
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Recipes of the Week


I love to cook! I haven't been able to do much of it {actually none} the last several months. Now that I have a few hours up a day I take the time to cook.

So I'm going to start sharing some of my favorites from the week with you.

First up...

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Ingredients
1 package chicken breast or chicken legs {I used chicken breast because it is what I had at home}
1 bottle of BBQ sauce {your favorite}
Worcestershire Sauce
Brown Sugar
Red Pepper flakes
2-4 large Corn on the Cob {I use fresh corn that has been blanched and frozen from the summer}
1 Bunch Green Beans
1 Container Mushrooms
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Put chicken in crockpot and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Turn Crockpot on high to heat up while you make the BBQ sauce. {I put the chicken the in frozen and this will allow time for it to thaw. Drain if there is excess liquid}
In a small bowl combine half the bottle of BBQ sauce, several dashes of the Worcestershire Sauce, 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar, and a couple of dashes of red pepper flakes {add more or less to taste or omit}. Stir together. At this point, I taste the sauce and adjust if needed, adding more of any ingredient.
Pour over chicken in crockpot and reduce temp to low. Cover the chicken with a layer of foil. Wrap each corn on the cob in foil {add butter if you like, I don't} and place on top of foil covered chicken.
In a separate foil packet place cleaned green beans {I use fresh} and chopped mushrooms seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little balsamic vinegar. Wrap up tightly. Place on top of corn.
Place lid on crockpot and cook 4-6 hours on Low heat.
Remove packets carefully and enjoy.


Breakfast Scramble
Ingredients
I small roll of sausage {I use Jimmy Dean Hot}
1-2 bell peppers chopped
.5-1 onion chopped
Any other vegetables
6 eggs
salt
pepper
garlic powder
1 package hasbrowns {I use the cubed hashbrowns}

In a large skillet brown sausage crumbling as you brown it. After sausage is cooked through, push to side of pan and add hash browns, onion and bell pepper. Saute for a few minutes until vegetables become soft and hash browns become brown. Mix with sausage and saute on low while you prepare eggs.
In a small bowl crack six eggs, add salt, pepper, and garlic powder {I also add Tabasco} and whisk until blended.
Push sausage, hash brown, and vegetable mixture to side of pan and add eggs to empty side. Scramble eggs until done then mix with sausage. Cook for a few extra minutes until everything is mixed and done.
Spoon into bowls and top with cheese and desired toppings {Tabasco, salsa, sour cream}


Cherry Coke Brownies
Ingredients
1 box brownie mix
1 can of coke
Cherries and cherry juice
1 tub of chocolate frosting

In a large bowl mix brownie mix, 1 can {12 oz} coke, 1-2 tablespoons of cherry juice {depending on your taste}, and 7-8 chopped cherries.
Pour into greased pan and bake according to brownie mix box.
Remove from oven when toothpick comes out clean and cool for 15-20 minutes.
Warm chocolate frosting in microwave for 30 seconds {just until frosting softens and you can pour it out} Pour over brownies and cool.
Sorry no after picture, they were eaten before I had to time to photograph them.

Enjoy your Super Saturday!!
Photobucket




2 comments:

Meghan said...

Those brownies sound good! I have a feeling they'd be eating before I could take a picture too! :)

xoxo Meghan

Cami said...

I want to try the crockpot BBQ chicken!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...