Benjamin Daniel arrived Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 8:02 am. He weighed 5lbs 12ozs and was 18.5in long.
He looks exactly like his daddy. Handsome!
He spent just 4 hours in the NICU, but after doing so well was transitioned to the regular nursery. Being 5 weeks early I was terrified I would leave the hospital before he could, but he has always been a fighter and we all came home on Sunday.
Here are some things I have learned since becoming a mom.
- It is possible to shower in under 10 minutes. (Who knew??)
- It is possible to enjoy doing laundry. (His clothes are so cute!)
- I can survive major surgery. (I'm so glad it's over though!)
- I can't remember what it was like before February 23. (I'm so glad he is here!)
- I couldn't have picked a better man to be my Baby Daddy!! (He isn't just an amazing husband!)
- Contrary to popular advice I still get to eat with my husband, sleep for more than an hour at time, and I still get up every morning and put on make up and get dressed.
- Yes, we will still be going to Mexico in June. (I know myself better than those who said I would cancel the trip. Greg and I are blessed to have great family to take care of Ben.)
- There is someone else in the world now that can sleep through anything. (Thank God Ben is a heavy sleeper!)
- I still have OCD. (I just made a diaper and feeding chart to fill out and wait until you see my product of the week tomorrow.)
- I LOVE BEING A MOM AND WIFE!
Now for some pictures.
He will eventually grow into his clothes.
He holds his paci when he sucks it. I love it!
Such a peaceful sleeper.
Look at those lips!
This picture makes me tear up every time I look at!